Friday, December 5, 2008

Our Salvation Army Angel


Today we went to WalMart to purchase gifts for our Angel, Thoa. Madelyn picked her out amongst all the Angels. We bought her some clothes, a few toys, & candy...I wish we could have bought more! I can't tell you how great it felt to help this little girl. I thought this would be a good life lesson for Madelyn... I want to teach my children to give back to their community & to help others. Madelyn was a great helper at WalMart. She got side tracked a few times looking at other toys & told me to stop looking at clothes! I kept reminding her that we had to get Christmas presents for Thoa & she would give me a few more minutes to look around. We dropped our gifts off at Oxmoor Mall after we left WalMart. Madelyn got to put the big bag of gifts into the box.

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

We did the same thing, although we haven't turned ours in, we just went to Target last night. Madelyn is so excited and loves shopping for her angel too except she keeps asking to please let her give her angel the gifts (doesn't quite get the concept!) herself! It was fun to do!