Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day




We had a nice Valentine's Day. I made scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, & strawberries this morning for Jon's Valentine's present. I took the girls with me to the gym while Jon worked on our taxes. After lunch, we ate some Valentine cupcakes that the girls & I made last night. Ansley & I took an afternoon nap while Jon mulched our landscape & Madelyn played on the computer. Later in the afternoon we played Candyland (well Madelyn has her own idea how to play & Ansley prefers to throw the cards around & chew on the game pieces). Jon presented us with his gifts... he got me a card & some chocolates, Madelyn got a heart necklace, & Ansley got a little box of chocolates with a doll attached. We were filling cooped up so we went to Oxmoor Mall where we ate at California Pizza Kitchen (I got to eat one of my favorite dishes...the Thai Crunch Salad) & let the girls play on the boat & exert some energy. We were all worn out by 6:00. We went home, put the girls down for bed a little early b/c they were very sleepy, & Jon & I watched "The Kite Runner". It really was a great day. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love & I feel we did just that...being together as a family.

3 comments:

happymomof4 said...

Sounds like you all had a great Valentine's day as a family:) Love the pictures, the girls are so adorable. Hope that you all are doing well. Have a great week!

Katherine said...

I love Ansley's cupcake face!! Madelyn's little necklace
is very adorable. What a great day that was for
your family!!!

Margie said...

ahhh, what a beautiful family! Wish I could have been there to give everybody a Valentine squeeze.