Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember





















I must admit, I was leery of Mother's Day this year. Jon got off of a 30 hour shift today at noon (not to mention a 90 hour work week). Luckily, he managed to get 5 hours of sleep last night at the hospital.

Jon walked in the door with a dozen pink roses & box of chocolates (which I devoured within the hour. This should not be a shock for those of you who know me well. The way to my heart is through chocolate:) I had an idea to visit Conner Prairie. Its an interactive history park. The kids loved the petting zoo. The spring lambs, kids, & calfs were cute. I loved touring the historical homes & buildings. The high point of Conner Prairie was riding in their hot air balloon (Pun Intended. Sorry, I couldn't resist.). There was a cable connecting the balloon to the ground but we were high enough to see miles & miles of the surrounding area. We ended our adventure with dinner at Paradise Cafe. I got my usual half veggie sandwich, half fire roasted tomato soup (never disappoints), followed with a slice of carrot cake.

Oh ya, Madelyn made me a gift at church. It was 2 Hershey kisses inside her hand made box. She said, "this is for you mommy...the chocolates are for me & Ansley!!!!"

Madelyn also made me a card at preschool. Her teacher wrote in the card what Madelyn wanted to say. It read, "You're my happy Valentine! I love you b/c I like to snuggle with you! Love, Madelyn"

2 comments:

Margie said...

Oh, what special, beautiful memories you are making. How precious. You were smart this year to let Jon know what you expected, and by golly, he delivered!

happymomof4 said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!! Looks like you had a fabulous day:) I love all the pictures, the kiddos are getting so big:) That is too funny what Madelyn said about the chocolate kisses, must take after her momma;) I am glad that you had a good Mother's day. Hope things are going well!