Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This is How We Roll


Today was transportation day at Madelyn's preschool. The kids were asked to bring their bikes. Madelyn chose her bike rather than her scooter. She is upset with her scooter right now. Last week we took the girl's scooters to their cousins house to ride. Madelyn couldn't go as fast as their neighbor (who was a few years older than her). She took it to heart & has been upset with her scooter b/c it wasn't fast enough. Hopefully she will get over this pretty soon!

We've been taking lots of walks around our circle. Madelyn either rides her bike or scooter. Ansley has a trike that has a handle behind it so I can push her since she hasn't mastered pedaling. She drags her feet & gets on & off the trike. She even tries to push it herself. This was taking FOREVER. So we switched to her scooter. She also gets frustrated when riding that. She doesn't understand how to control the steering. As a result, she ends up in the grass. Then I tried to get her to just walk with me while Madelyn rides. This worked for a while but she wanted something to do. Finally I had the idea for Ansley to push her baby stroller on walks. So far, this has worked well. Oh, & by the way, I'm not so overbearing that I make Ansley wear a helmet when she pushes her stroller...she wants to be like Sissy (Ansley's name for Madelyn). Our walks are still pretty slow but at least everyone is happy!

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well:) You hadn't posted anything for a while and I have not seen you on FB so I was wondering if baby Brett had made his appearance? I am guessing all is well, take care and keep in touch. I love the picture of the girls in there helmets- I know what you mean about trying/ wanting to be like big sis:) So cute!!!