Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life With 3 Kids






Nolan will be 2 weeks old tomorrow! It feels like he's always been part of our family. The girls are realizing that he is here to stay. Ansley gets jealous sometimes, especially when she's sleepy. She loves to hold Nolan. She hasn't been playing with her baby dolls as much since he's been born (she wants to hold the real thing!). Madelyn still goes about her business. She was excited that Nolan's umbilical cord fell off today. She's been asking about his belly button since she saw him for the first time. Madelyn has been my helper...grabbing diapers for me & happily making her & Ansley's peanut butter & honey sandwiches for lunch. Yesterday, we went to Centennial Days (a festival in our neighborhood). They had inflatables, games, face painting, food, a DJ, fireworks, & lots of kids running around. I got to show off Nolan to our neighbors who only knew me as pregnant at the pool or playground. Nolan sleeps alot! During the day I carry him around in my Baby Bjorn when I need to get things done around the house. Jon is still working a ton, practically every day. He gets home after nap time to spend late afternoon & evening with us. I love having 3 kids! And yes, it is easier to go from 2 to 3 kids than it was 1 to 2 (so far!). Maybe I am more laid back or know more "tricks of the trade". Maybe I just lucked out with a laid back baby. Don't get me wrong, I get stressed out sometimes trying to meet the demands of everyone. Its totally worth it...life is good!

2 comments:

happymomof4 said...

So glad to hear that things are going so well and that everyone is adjusting to life with a new little one!!!! I loved all the pictures! How did the washing of the face paint go? Madelyn had that done only in pink and purple butterfly and it was all I could do to get it off her face it took a couple of days!!!!

Margie said...

I love the new look of your blog & the pictures are beautiful. I see a resemblance between Nolan and the girls....another beautiful child for the Day family. Jeff said it would be his Christmas present to me to come up sometime during the holidays.
I can't wait.