Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Minty Mess


About 30 minutes into Ansley's supposed nap today, I heard pitter patters coming from upstairs. The smell of mint smacked me in the face as I was walking up the steps. Where was this smell coming from? When I walked into my bedroom, I spotted thick black spots on my carpet. I poked my head into my bathroom to discover thick black gunk all over the tile floor & sink. My eyes followed black footprints to the toiletry closet. That's when I saw Ansley, completely covered in the black substance. I shouted "Ansley!" (that's all I could come up with). All she could say was sassies (her word for pacifiers). Her pacies were also covered in the black gue, along with several of our toiletries. Come to find out, the smelly black stuff was a mixture of toothpaste & Madelyn's Halloween face paint that Ansley has been dying to get her hands on since she first laid eyes on it. Jon hosed Ansley off in the tub. I walked into Madelyn's room (where Ansley was supposed to be napping). There was more gunk on Madelyn's carpet, comforter, pillow shams, sheets, & 2 stuffed animals. All I can say is that I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning!!

3 comments:

happymomof4 said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! I cannot imagine the mess you had on your hands but I have to say I love the picture-LOL! One day you will be able to look back on this and laugh:) Hope that you all are doing well and staying healthy.

Katherine said...

Oh, what a happy mess she is!!! So glad to see such a beautiful mess!!! You JUST gotta love it! Love ya'll.

Margie said...

Ansley Elisabeth! What a funny story, although I can't imagine the mess you had to clean up! You will be laughing about this for years.