Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rude Reaction

I guess not everyone is as thrilled as me that I'm expecting twins. I do get a lot of mixed reactions to my oh-so-wonderful news. I certainly appreciate the genuine congratulations & secretly chuckle at the others who do not see my news as, well, great news...

I was shopping at Motherhood Maternity yesterday. Another shopper was there shopping for her pregnant daughter. The fact that I'm pregnant with twins came up in conversation. As the lady was checking out, she looked at me, then looked at my 3 children who were standing next to me. She asked if all 3 were mine. Then in the most disapproving tone said, "Good Lord."

I just stood there shocked. Now its just a funny story to share.

3 comments:

happymomof4 said...

WOW! HOW RUDE!!! Hindsight (because I am not good with on the spot comebacks) could have said yes the Lord is Good:)

Unknown said...

Mary Pat & Carol said "why would anyone want to have a lot of kids today?" We were talking about Geoff & Brandi's 6 kids & watching them. I was surprised they felt that way. I told them about many of their friends have 4 or more kids.

Anonymous said...

That was not nice but I am sure you handled it with grace as you always do.