Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homeschooling

This is what our homeschooling looks like. We originally made an official school space in the basement. Nobody wanted to go down there. I tried dedicating the dining room to our school room by hanging educational posters on the wall. In the end, it felt cold. I missed my warm, home-inspired decorations & photos. I finally came to the conclusion that one of the benefits of homeschooling is comfort. We currently don't need a dedicated space for it. Its comfortable & cozy to do school on my bed or wherever else Madelyn sees fit. Ansley (& Nolan) have been learning letters & phonics via LeapFrog DVD's that we play in the van Mon-Fri. We decided to watch only educational movies while we're on-the-go during the school week. Madelyn wanted to teach Ansley today. She helped Ansley with handwriting, letters recognition, & spelling. It was one of those moments that made my heart sing! I'm so proud of these two. Here's Nolan "playing" ABC Mouse. Love this website & love this kid! Since my cleaning lady was coming at 2:30 & Jon was working until midnight, I took the kids to the children's museum in a neighboring city. Love these photo ops! On the way home, we stopped by Chick-Fil-A. I came home to a clean house. I didn't have to fix dinner. The kids went straight to bed. No time to make a mess. I am enjoying my clean house for the night.

No comments: