Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Silliness



Ansley woke up before Madelyn the other day. Our house is always freezing in the morning so I put Madelyn's robe on Ansley. She looked so cute & fluffy, I had to take a picture. When Madelyn woke up she said, "I have a robe like that!". Jon & I just snickered. So now when Madelyn wears Her robe, mind you, Ansley throws a fit! Time to buy Ansley her own robe!

I made broccoli soup for dinner yesterday & Madelyn made her own soup as well. The other day when I woke up from a nap, Madelyn had been "cooking" in the kitchen. She pulled up a chair to the counter (which she always does when helping me), Opened the flour & sugar jars, got a bowl out of the cabinet, got out the gallon of milk from the fridge, & her Cocoa Krispies from the pantry. Needless to say, there was a big mess waiting for me. Its been a long time since we've made cookies together & I think she really misses helping me in the kitchen. I am just now getting back to cooking again since I am not as tired & nauseous anymore. So after I made the broccoli soup, I let Madelyn make her soup, under supervision! She had so much fun mixing the flour, water, & cheese, using the sifter, & whisk. Watch out Rachel Ray...I think we've got a future chef in the making!!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

i love the part in the video about cooking tomatoes for antthh-ley! so precious!

Katherine said...

a misspelling on 1st comment
it 's actually Antthh-wee. just precious!