Friday, April 3, 2009

Fun Afternoon





After Ansley woke up from her 3 hour nap yesterday, the girls & I went to the zoo! The weather was perfect for a zoo trip...sun shining, warm temps, & a nice breeze. Madelyn got a new baby panda figurine (I could write a whole story on her animals). We stayed for a couple of hours, went home to eat dinner, then made cupcakes! I was having a chocolate craving & we had a cupcake kit from a chocolate party I went to. It took longer than I expected b/c I had to make the frosting as well as the cake batter. We didn't have time to eat any cupcakes but did sample the batter & frosting. Our cupcake extravaganza ended b/c Ansley fell off the chair she was standing on & landed on the hard tile floor. After she calmed down, I gave the girls a much needed bath, then let them watch a short movie while I frosted the cupcakes. They went to bed at 8:00. Jon had to stay the night at the hospital but he was able to come home for about 15 min to tell the girls goodnight. I was able to clean up the house & finish my book ("New Moon", 2nd book of the Twilight series). Can't wait to read the next book "Eclipse". I am hooked on this series & will be sad when I've read all of the books. I am excited to watch the movie too!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I really enjoyed all of the Twilight books. They were fun, easy reads. And now I'm craving cupcakes. Is breakfast too early for cupcakes?