Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Embarrassing Moments

A few funny stories to share:

I was sitting on the edge of the pool, keeping an eye on Madelyn & Ansley when another mom, her little girl, & the little girl's grandma sat down next to me. The mom asked how far along I was b/c she was pregnant too. I told her about 34 weeks. The grandma abruptly says, "You look to big to be 34 weeks pregnant, I thought you were due any day!" The daughter kept saying she thought I was the right size. The grandma even questioned my knowledge of how far along I was! They continued to debate my belly size, or how it should be, while I just sat there saying nothing.

The girls & I went to the deep end to swim. There was an older lady helping a little boy swim too. The lady had a large growth on the side of her nose. Not massive but definitely noticeable. Every time they would pass, my girls would say hello...it was all good. The third time the lady swam by, Madelyn asked her what that bump was on her nose! The nice lady just shrugged. Madelyn took it as she didn't hear her question, so she asked her again, only louder. The nice lady just shrugged again as she smiled at me. Madelyn then directed her question at me, in hearing distance of the poor lady. They did not swim past us again.

A few weeks ago, Madelyn was swimming in the big pool. A very, very large man walked passed Madelyn as he exited the pool. Madelyn shouts to me across the pool, "Mama, look at his big nipples!"

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

Gotta love little ones and what they say:) Thanks for sharing the Madelyn stories- so cute and innocent. Now on the other hand your first story- HOW RUDE! WOW, I cannot believe some people!