Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Rental House


The owners left us their hammock so we can relax outside on the big front porch. I also love having an attached garage!

This is where we watch movies & read books. We don't have cable so we've been watching a lot less TV, which I think has been a positive thing.

We converted the dining room into a playroom. Although, isn't every room a play room?

Here's the kitchen. Spacious pantry: Check. Laundry room: Check.

Ansley & new baby will share a room. We started "big bed bootcamp" last week after she crawled out of her crib by herself. I discovered a trick to get her to stay in her bed: I lay her favorite baby doll next to her & tell her she has to be quiet b/c baby is asleep. Then I give Ansley & baby a paci!

Madelyn loves her even bigger bed. The lion in the background is Aslan...he protects her during the night!

Behold the master bedroom! I took this pic from the angle of the bed that nobody sees (until now)! That's why the blankets are uneven & you can see Jon's laptop under the bed!

We also have an office on the 1st floor. I decided to spare you of a photo b/c its a wreck! This is where we keep the computer & Jon' treadmill.

2 comments:

happymomof4 said...

Your house looks really nice! How are the girls handling their own rooms? We have been needing to switch Henry to the toddler bed too. I have caught him numerous times perched on top of his crib like a cat! (just waiting for Eric to convert his crib for me!) Enjoy your new digs:) and Happy Father's Day to Jon!

Margie said...

I enjoyed reading your blog & seeing pix of the house. I love it; now I can picture just how everything looks! I like the way you pulled things from different areas of the old house & put them together! A lovely, comfortable home, and of course, simple, clean, & uncluttered. Love, Mom