Monday, March 16, 2009

Louisiana Trip





We left for Haughton, LA early Thurs morning to visit my mom & Jeff. The girls did GREAT on the drive there. It was so good to see my mom since we hadn't seen each other since Christmas. It was rainy during our visit. Jon & the girls swam in the indoor pool at our hotel. We went to the Sci-Port Science Center on Friday, then ate the best red beans & rice with sausage ever, made by chef Jeff. Saturday we went to Marty & Mary's house (good friends of my mom & Jeff's). Madelyn & Ansley had so much fun playing with Seth & Elizabeth while Jon had fun playing video games with Jacob! Marty served us one gourmet dish after another...marinated crab legs, cheese stuffed jalapenos with roasted red pepper sauce, eclairs, char-broiled oysters, T-Bone steaks, & banana fosters for dessert...I've never eaten so well in all my life! Haughton is a small town but there's great shopping, restaurants, & activities just minutes away. The weather is warm & sunny most days of the year. I can't forget to mention Beau & Tigger, my mom's dog & cat. Madelyn misses them almost as much as she does Grandma!

2 comments:

Margie said...

A wonderful time was had by all, but it ended oh so quickly! I'm counting the days til we see you all again. Great memories.

happymomof4 said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!!