Sunday, May 31, 2009

First Week in Indy







So we have lived in Westfield, IN for 1 week now. We love love Centennial (our neighborhood). There's a pool, playground, walking track, basketball court, baseball field, & volley ball net here, not to mention a big hill for sledding in the winter time! All the houses have big front porches so you see the neighbors sitting out front rather than the back. Its a friendly community with lots of kids. Westfield itself is also very nice...lots of new shopping complexes. Madelyn & Ansley love our new house. It took Ansley about 3 days to adjust. I knew when she had adjusted when she was acting silly again & didn't need her pacifier except for nap & bedtime. Madelyn has loved this house from the start; maybe its b/c she has her own bedroom or that the playroom is on the 1st floor rather than the basement. We had a bird nest in the tree by our front porch. The baby birds have flown their nest but it was fun watching them & the mama bird while they were here. We went to the Indianapolis zoo over the weekend. We've been to the pool a couple of times. Madelyn & Ansley have found some play mates there. We have gotten together with the girl's cousins a couple of times & hope to see them a lot during the summer. We closed on our house in Louisville over the weekend. It was bittersweet...I replayed memories of Madelyn & Ansley in my mind as a walked through our empty house for the last time. I am so grateful that our house sold so quick for the price it did. I am really happy here in Westfield. Jon's 1st day of work is tomorrow...he is so excited! I am also so proud & thankful for him. He is such a good provider for us.

5 comments:

Margie said...

I knew you'd be happy there; I enjoyed reading about your 1st week. Sounds like everyone is adjusting well & everything is in divine order:) Good Luck Jon on your 1st day of work. Kisses & hugs to everyone:) Love, Mom (Grandma) (Margie)

Megan said...

Glad things are going well for you in your new place!

happymomof4 said...

Glad that things are going well, and you all are settling in. Sounds really nice where you all are living. I am so sorry that we did not get together before you all left- things have been crazy for us and I am sure for you all too. Thinking of you all and hoping Jon's first day goes well:)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! I thought you guys were moving soon... keep me updated! Take care.

Jodi said...

Yay you have a blog! It's great to see how well the girls are adjusting. Hope you all are doing well, Melissa!