Thursday, May 14, 2009

Madelyn Goes to the Dentist


Madelyn & I both had our dental cleanings yesterday. Madelyn loves going to the dentist...she hasn't stopped talking about it since her last check up 6 months ago! Dr. Morris discovered 4 cavities in Madelyn's molars. I was so surprised b/c Madelyn brushes her teeth twice daily & doesn't eat a lot of candy nor drinks juice. Dr. Morris said Madelyn has deep grooves in her molars which is an easy target for cavities. I went with Madelyn this morning to get her 1st cavity filled. She did terrific! I held her hand while Dr. Morris was getting the "sugar bug" out b/c Madelyn was scared & uncomfortable. I was so proud of her for sitting through this so patiently. We went to Target after wards so Madelyn could pick out a new animal figurine...she chose a swan. She has to go back 2 more times. Tomorrow she'll get nitrous oxide b/c supposedly the bottom teeth are more sensitive than the top.

By the way, I found out that the worst foods for kids teeth are suckers & raisins. Ansley must eat at least a box/day of raisins (I was happy that I found a nutritious snack that she likes). Don't worry Ansley, I'm not going to take away your raisins (but do expect some longer brushing sessions)!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Madelyn, you're such a big girl, good job! Love you, Grandma
p.s. Ansley, I'm glad you don't have to give up your raisins! Love, Grandma