Monday, November 10, 2008

Jon Saves the Day!

Last night, Madelyn was laying in our bed while I was in the other room. I heard her say, "Mommy, I'm all wet." The poor thing got sick all over herself. I also was sick. We both had the same nasty stomach bug. Jon put the sheets in the washing machine while Madelyn & I moved to the couch. Madelyn was so pitiful. She got sick several times throughout the night. This was the first time she's ever thrown up before. She took it so well, she never complained and was so sweet through it all. Jon had to wake up at 5:00 AM to go to work. I was worried how today would go with both Madelyn & I being sick, & Baby Ansley ready to play as usual. Ansley woke up at 7:00. I got her out of bed, changed her diaper, fed her breakfast, then laid on the couch wondering how I was going to get through this day feeling the way I did. Then I heard a car door shut. I thought Jon coming home was to good to be true. But lo & behold it was Jon...I was so relieved! Jon saved the day! I went straight to bed & slept until 10:00. Madelyn & I feel so much better & baby Ansley had a great day with Daddy. The irony of the story is now Jon is feeling sick. He is scheduled to leave today to drive 4 hours to Columbus, OH. I just hope that he feels okay for his interview tomorrow. Thanks Jon, we love you so much!!

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

I am glad you are feeling better- I hope that Jon is feeling better:) Tell him Good Luck on his interview!