Monday, November 24, 2008

Ode to Ansley Bear



Ansley looked so darn cute today in her new red sweater outfit. Every time I looked at her, I just wanted to hug her b/c she looked so cuddly today! I bought her this outfit at Gymboree in the Edinburgh outlet mall. She had the same outfit, only in peach, when she was an infant. We absolutely loved it so I couldn't resist getting the red one. I guess I just got to thinking about how much she has grown & changed over the past few months. I mean she'll be 15 months old in December...time is flying by. As I was looking through "old" photos on our computer a few minutes ago, I felt so happy remembering all the fun experiences we've had as a family. But at the same time, I felt kind of sad b/c those days are now just a memory. I'm so grateful for digital cameras & camcorders...I know I am going to cry my eyes out when I watch our home videos in 20 years! Ansley is such a special girl (wow, I said girl, not baby). She loves to play peek-a-boo, jump in place, follow big sister around, play with baby dolls (well examine their facial features), play with instruments & dance, & really loves to wrestle with Daddy on our bed! She can answer our questions now with a head nod yes or no. She loves to talk on her toy phone. One of the cutest things she been doing lately is roaring like a lion cub. Madelyn crawls around the house acting like a big lion & so Ansley imitates Madelyn's roar. Another thing that pulls my heart strings is when Madelyn & Ansley play together, which they are starting to do more often now that Ansley is getting older. She can also throw a mean temper tantrum...she will throw things or drop to the ground when she's upset. With that said, Ansley is super sweet. She gives kisses & hugs & cuddles with me when she's sleepy. I cherish the time I spend with her. I love how her hair curls at the ends. I love how she waddles around the house checking things out. I love how she always has her sippy cup at hand, while trying to sneak sips of Madelyn's drink in the other. I love her chubby cheeks & her beautiful smile. Ansley has been the perfect addition to our family. I am so excited to see her personality blossom more & more throughout the years to come.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Jeff and I both cried when we read this. We love her like that too. Love, Mom